Coastal structures are an important component in any coastal protection scheme. They directly control wave and storm surge action or to stabilize a beach which provides protection to the coast.
This book provides the most up-to-date technical advances on the design and construction of coastal structures and sea defenses.
Written by renowned practicing coastal engineers, this edited volume focuses on the latest technology applied in planning, design and construction, effective engineering methodology, unique projects and problems, design and construction challenges, and other lesions learned.
Many books have been written about the theoretical treatment of coastal and ocean structures. Much less has been written about the practical practice aspect of ocean structures and sea defenses. This comprehensive book fills the gap. It is an essential source of reference for professionals and researchers in the areas of coastal, ocean, civil, and geotechnical engineering.
- Simulators as Hydraulic Test Facilities at Dikes and Other Coastal Structures (Jentsje W van der Meer)
- Design, Construction and Performance of the Main Breakwater of the New Outer Port at Punto Langosteira, La Coruña, Spain (Hans F Burcharth, Enrique Maciñeira Alonso, and Fernando Noya Arquero)
- Performance Design for Maritime Structures (Shigeo Takahashi, Ken-ichiro Shimosako, and Minoru Hanzawa)
- An Empirical Approach to Beach Nourishment Formulation (Timothy W Kana, Haiqing Liu Kaczkowski, and Steven B Traynum)
- Tidal Power Exploitation in Korea (Byung Ho Choi, Kyeong Ok Kim and Jae Cheon Choi)
- A Floating Mobile Quay for Super Container Ships in a Hub Port (Jang-Won Chae and Woo-Sun Park)
- Surrogate Modeling for Hurricane Wave and Inundation Prediction (Jane McKee Smith, Alexandros A Taflanidis and Andrew B Kennedy)
- Statistical Methods for Risk Assessment of Harbor and Coastal Structures (Sebastián Solari and Miguel A Losada)