Are you getting all the information Facebook has?
For patrol officers, school resource officers, arson investigators, gang officers, intelligence analysts, general crimes detectives, narcotics officers, and corrections investigators, this one of a kind guide provides law enforcement officers with all of the tools needed to successfully investigate cases involving Facebook. Written and illustrated in a non-technical, easy to understand format, ONLINE INVESTIGATIONS: Facebook offers actionable techniques, tactics, and tools that can be implemented immediately. Specific attention is giving to obtaining leads without spending thousands of dollars on additional software or services. Investigative techniques are covered step-by-step including proper identification of Facebook accounts, evidence preservation techniques, and sample search warrant language. Topics include:
- Information Available from Facebook
- Properly Identifying Facebook Accounts-Vanity URLs, Facebook IDs, and Using An Email Address to Verify an Account
- Preserving Facebook Evidence-Preservation Letters, Data and Image Capturing, Preservation Software, and Maintaining the Integrity of Digital Evidence
- Understanding the Legal Process-Exigent Circumstances, Consent Searches, Out-of-State Legal Process, Court Orders, and Search Warrants
- Developing Investigative Leads From Facebook-Researching Phone Numbers, Email Addresses, and Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses
- Using Images, Videos, and Documents From Facebook and Other Sources-EXIF/Metadata, GPS Coordinates, and Reverse Image Searches
- BONUS: Downloadable search warrant template and non-disclosure order
- BONUS: Readers will also get sources for free tools for evidence preservation, digital file examination, and Facebook and email account password recovery.
"If you have ever wondered how much information Facebook has and how to get it, then ONLINE INVESTIGATIONS: Facebook is for you." -Cybercrimes Investigator, Los Angeles
"I've been working internet crimes for years and there were things in this book I didn't know about."-Homicide Detective, Dallas
"It doesn't matter if you have been doing social media investigations a long time or if you are just starting out. It doesn't matter if you come from a large law enforcement agency or a small one, this book contains everything you need to work cases involving Facebook."-Special Agent, State of California
Stop missing critical information and intelligence for your cases. Get ONLINE INVESTIGATIONS: Facebook now.