"Yamadas Textbook of Gastroenterology
has for 20 years been the most comprehensive gastroenterology reference book, combining an encyclopaedic basic science approach to GI and liver disease with the latest clinical thinking, especially in diagnostic and therapeutic developments. It is universally respected across the globe.
It has always had an outstanding editor team led by Tachi Yamada, one of the worlds leading figures in GI research, and in addition, a hugely impressive team of contributors, each experts in their specific area.
Now with a new Editor-in-Chief, Dan Podolsky, Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, the 6th
edition of this iconic textbook is modernising and improving in a number of ways:
Yamadas Textbook of Gastroenterology 6E
- Now with free, fully searchable access to the entire digital text with every print purchase.
- A templated chapter approach, including separate chapter templates for a) basic science chapters; b) disease chapters and c) symptom chapters, resulting in more consistency in both structure, content and length of chapters.
- Far more clinically focused than before by virtue of a brand new section ""Principles of Clinical Gastroenterology"". Containing 14 symptom-focused chapters, it will enable doctors to assess their patients in the clinic more effectively than ever.
- Increased coverage of key topics like autoimmune pancreatitis, fecal biomarkers, genetics, IBD, IgG4 systemic disease, Crohns disease, ulcerative colitis, and eosinophilic esophagitis.
- Downloadable hot topic podcasts from the worlds key GI experts.
- Greater emphasis on clinical studies/trials, evidence-based practice, society guidelines, and governmental agencies than before.
- Every reference online, with hyperlinks to Pubmed/CrossRef, rather than 'static' print references. Key references will be retained in print.
- For more international and global authorship - along with the leading North American figures, the top European and Asian GI experts provide their expertise and insights throughout.
complete gastroenterology reference book. With a greater than ever clinical focus, not only does it retain its position as the market leader in terms of basic science coverage, but it also cements itself as an outstanding resource to consult in terms of the clinical management of GI disorders.
Better than ever and with free, fully searchable access to the entire content digitally with the print book, it suits the needs of the modern day gastroenterologist, whether experienced or at the beginning of their career.