Writing the Mind Alive Ebook Tooltip Ebooks kunnen worden gelezen op uw computer en op daarvoor geschikte e-readers. The Proprioceptive Method for Finding Your Authentic Voice
Discover the revolutionary writing practice that can transform your life!
In 1976, Linda Trichter Metcalf, then a university English professor, sat down with pen and paper and intuitively started a self-guided writing practice that helped to bring herself into focus and clarify her life as never before. She and a colleague, Tobin Simon, introduced this original method into their classrooms. They experienced such solid response from their students that, for the last twenty-five years, they have devoted themselves to teaching what has now become the respected practice of Proprioceptive Writing®–in workshops, secondary and elementary schools, and college psychology and writing classes around the country, among them the New School University.
“Proprioception” comes from the Latin proprius, meaning “one’s own,” and this writing method helps synthesize emotion and imagination, generating authentic insight and catharsis. Proprioceptive Writing® is not formal writing, nor is it automatic or stream-of-consciousness writing. Requiring a regular, disciplined practice in a quiet environment, the method uses several aids to deepen attention and free the writer within: Baroque music, a candle, a pad, and a pen. Presenting Proprioceptive Writing® in book form for the first time, Writing the Mind Alive shows how you, too, can use it to
• Focus awareness, dissolve inhibitions, and build self-trust
• Unburden your mind and resolve emotional conflicts
• Connect more deeply with your spiritual self
• Write and speak with strength and clarity
• Enhance the benefits of psychotherapy
• Awaken your senses and emotions
• Liberate your creative energies
Featuring actual “writes” by students of all ages, Writing the Mind Alive is a catalyst for mental and emotional aliveness that can truly enrich the rest of your life.
- Oorspronkelijke releasedatum
- 10 december 2008
- Ebook Formaat
- Adobe ePub
- Lees dit ebook op
- Android (smartphone en tablet) | Kobo e-reader | Desktop (Mac en Windows) | iOS (smartphone en tablet) | Windows (smartphone en tablet)
Kies gewenste uitvoering
Prijsinformatie en bestellenDe prijs van dit product is 14 euro en 99 cent.
- E-book is direct beschikbaar na aankoop
- E-books lezen is voordelig
- Dag en nacht klantenservice
- Veilig betalen
Vaak samen gekocht
Het achtste leven€14,99Verkoop door bol.com