Tragically, the moment art was born it was murdered. The historic avant-gardes performed their jobs professionally – as midwives for stillbirth. Yet, their sublation of art in life was also suicidal, since what they understood as ‘life’ in fact was the undead labour of vitalist capital. Hence, ever since art gives the formula first and foremost for one process: capital’s latest macrocosmic restructuring, which was its burial of the bourgeoisie.
“In this sense, the salons of the 19th century were the last bourgeois refuge of art before it was exposed to learn from Las Vegas. The new centre around which art circulates ever since is not a centre but a constant loss of centres, or circulation itself: capital.”
– from Capitalist Nihilism and the Murder of Art, Lukas Meisner
“The chronology of art is turned upside down, for now first an ear has to bloodily fly off before the artwork proper can exist, wonder only what one needs to cut off in order to build an oeuvre? Life itself, obviously, for only when it seizes something as an ‘oeuvre’ can come into existence; only when the body of the artist decomposes in the ground, the body of work of that body can finally be composed.”
– from Life as an Artist After the Murder of Art and Some Reviving Thoughts, Eef Veldkamp
2020, Aporia Publishing House
Aporia Publishing House supports artistic productions that transfigure philosophical concepts, and vice versa, by engaging with the publishing process from the first words on paper all the way to hand printed limited imprint editions, designed and published with the content of the text in mind.
This book was written in close collaboration with the writers, designed based on the contents of the text and handprinted in risograph in Arnhem, The Netherlands. The first print is of a limited edition of 50 pieces.
- Aantal pagina's
- Kaarten inbegrepen
- Aporia Publishing House publishes books which engage with a knowledge that starts with the facts, yet extrapolates them into fiction, resulting in the philosophical concept of 'aporia'. Aporia means a state of puzzlement or perplexity when an investigation into certain questions does not result in explicit or satisfying answers. It is in this impasse of a process of truth where things get interesting; it is in the lack of clarity where the eye starts to look; and where the mind starts to think. Aporia Publishing House supports artistic productions that transfigure philosophical concepts, and vice versa, by engaging with the publishing process from the first words on paper all the way to hand printed limited imprint-editions, designed and published with the content of the text in mind. Earlier publications of Aporia are The Politics of Non-Flammability and Capitalist Nihilism and the Murder of Art.
- Extra groot lettertype
- 150 g
- Verpakking breedte
- 20 cm
- Verpakking hoogte
- 2 cm
- Verpakking lengte
- 27 cm
Je vindt dit artikel in
- Studieboek of algemeen
- Algemene boeken
- ca. 2000-heden
- Gratis verzending
We doen er alles aan om dit artikel op tijd te bezorgen. Het is echter in een enkel geval mogelijk dat door omstandigheden de bezorging vertraagd is.
We bieden verschillende opties aan voor het bezorgen of ophalen van je bestelling. Welke opties voor jouw bestelling beschikbaar zijn, zie je bij het afronden van de bestelling.
- Bestellen en betalen via bol.com
- Prijs inclusief verzendkosten, verstuurd door Aporia
- 30 dagen bedenktijd en gratis retourneren
- Wettelijke garantie via Aporia