"5 Most Common Yoga Injuries (And How You Can Avoid Them)" is a practical guide for yoga teachers & practitioners of all levels based on viral series of articles by Dr. Yogi Gare. This book includes:
- Information about 5 main areas of injuries: Knees, Lower Back, Hips, Shoulders & Wrists, Necks
- 120 pages of practical and condensed knowledge
- Original illustrations by Canadian artist Ksenia Sapunkova
- 20+ functional movement exercises to prevent injuries
Modern Yoga Asana is changing around the world. Yogis are starting to look critically at cues and poses and ask questions about alignment and function. This inquiry and scientific reason are giving us a lens to view yoga & see how the movement and mindfulness affects and transforms our physical body & mind.
Yoga Injuries is one of my favorite things to discuss and research. It’s necessary to talk about it, especially with how much Asana, the physical practice of Yoga, has grown in popularity.
Here are some topics I discuss in the book:
• Importance of Preparation. A lot of yoga injuries stem from our lives off our mat.
• Mobility vs. Stability. Understanding how each region of the body moves is essential for a yoga teacher. Once you know how it’s designed to move, you can implement that much more effectively!
• Active vs. Passive ROM. Passive stretching can often put us in a realm past where our body can control. A lot of the exercises and techniques described in this book are geared towards active range of motion.
• All movement is good movement! There’s good movement & there’s better movement, both of which are much better than not moving.
• Most Common Yoga Injury (to any joint): Repetitive Stress. Doing the same thing all the time is ultimately how most people get injured with yoga.
The intention behind this ebook is to give you a toolbox for your practice and your teaching.
Practice Safe & Smart my Friends,
-Dr. Yogi Gare