Baking Real Sourdough Bread
Wild sourdough magic at your fingertips!
Written by two passionate artisan bakers and teachers, this book dispels the myth that sourdough is difficult and time-consuming to make. It shows how to fit regular baking into even the craziest lifestyle by using an ordinary fridge and the principle of retardation – or "slo-mo' dough.
Packed with clear explanations and helpful photographs the book shows:
* The Seven Steps to creating truly exceptional artisan loaves
* How to create, manage and maintain a wild yeast leaven
* How to choose and use the best flours
* The secrets of long fermentation
* Tips on improving the look, taste and texture of your loaves.
* Insights on managing the three T's: Timing, Temperature and Technique
* How to bake sourdough that tastes the way you want it to – from milky to truly tart
* Includes original recipes from The Artisan Bakery School.
A handbook for anyone reaching for a real life-skill.