Get fully functional database samples and table designs for four of the most common Microsoft Access database types—and use them as templates to create your own Access solutions. Database expert and Microsoft MVP John L. Viescas provides the detailed guidance you need to customize your own solutions from these application types:
- Membership Tracking
- Inventory Management
- Customer Support
- Reservations Management
For each type, you’ll walk through typical usage scenarios, design considerations, and common pitfalls. You’ll examine the logic behind each application’s table design, and learn how to adapt it for your own Access solution.Get expert insights and examples to help you:
- Learn specific design techniques to improve your table structures
- Build forms with an attractive, intuitive, and easy-to-use interface
- Create queries, forms, and reports specific to each application type
- Design for client/server from the start?and share data more efficiently
- Apply best practices to help your application run more smoothly
- Avoid the 10 most common design problems—and deliver more robust solutions!
Note: This book covers Microsoft Office Access 2003, Access 2002, and Access 2000CD includes database samples and a fully searchable eBook. Use the sample databases on CD to model your own solutions for:
- Membership Tracking: Enter, track, and manage member information and communications.
- Inventory Management: Track and manage stock and create purchase orders, invoices, and packing lists.
- Customer Support: Track contacts, enter customer details, identify follow-up items, and create reminders.
- Reservations Management: Manage course registrations, car rentals, room reservations, and more.
A Note Regarding the CD or DVDThe print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.