Cases in Pre-hospital and Retrieval Medicine is a supplementary case book with a self directed approach, designed to complement core texts such as Cameron, or Sanders.
The book focuses on the principles of PHC and Retrieval medicine and the continuum of care of the critically injured trauma patient in the field. It is case based and uses real pre-hospital and retrieval situations, presented in question format followed by an extensive discussion highlighting key areas of the specialty. The questions and answers are each 3 – 4 pages in length and most are accompanied by a photo from author archives/real events.
The questions have been divided into those with a predominantly pre-hospital theme and those based around retrieval medicine. A third section covers service development and special situations.
- Case based using real pre-hospital and retrieval situations
- Visually assisted format; high level discussion
- Question format followed by extensive discussion
- Designed for members of a multidisciplinary team
- Operationally useful appendices, including recommended equipment lists
- Covers paediatric patients; major incidents such as chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear; polytrauma; flight physiology; advanced multi-organ support; end of life decisions in the field.