Exam Board: Edexcel
First Teaching: September 2015
First Exam: June 2017
Endorsed for Edexcel
Motivate and re-engage students to succeed in Edexcel GCSE Maths 9-1 with this fresh and contemporary approach that blends classroom and independent learning and provides a tailor-made solution for every student, addressing misconceptions, tricky topics and exam technique.
- Developed specifically for the new Edexcel GCSE 9-1 specification, this book offers a variety of targeted activities to engage and stimulate students to succeed in a year.
- Presents strategies to help with problem-solving questions.
- Highlights areas of weakness with diagnostic Skill Check questions that point to relevant sections within the book that can be revisited to reinforce learning.
- Provides guidance on effective exam techniques designed to help consistently grow and develop independent learning.
- Offers plenty of opportunities to test understanding with follow-up assessments at the end of each unit.
- Equips you with a new approach presented in an informal style to help engage and motivate students.
Secure success in a Year with:
3 Exam practice papers
69 'Do I know it now?' and 48 'Can I apply it now?' follow-up assessments - for students to test their knowledge and problem-solving skills
45 Did you know? panels - show students the usefulness of the mathematics
55 'What you need to know' summaries - provide the essential basics for each topic in an easy-to-use format
70 'How to do it' panels - worked examples with solutions to enhance understanding of individual topics
70 Learning Exercises - help students develop and practice their skills
48 Problem-solving Exercises - offer students the opportunity to bring together their knowledge and problem solving skills in exam-style questions
5 Problem-solving chapters dedicated to the key area of problem solving