Unleash the transformative power of face to face groups
The third edition of this ground-breaking book continues to advance its mission to support groups to do their best thinking. It demonstrates that meetings can be much more than merely an occasion for solving a problem or creating a plan. Every well-facilitated meeting is also an opportunity to stretch and develop the perspectives of the individual members, thereby building the strength and capacity of the group as a whole.This fully updated edition of The Facilitator's Guide to Participatory Decision-Making guides readers through the struggle and the satisfaction of putting participatory values into practice, helping them to fulfill the promise of effective group decision-making. With previous editions already embraced by business and community leaders and consulting professionals around the world, this new book is even more insightful and easy to use.New for this edition:
- 60 pages of brand new skills and tools
- Many new case examples
- Major expansion and reorganization of the advanced sections of the book.
- New chapter: Teaching A Group About Group Dynamics
- Doubled in size: Classic Facilitator Challenges.
- Substantially improved: Designing Realistic Agendas now three chapters, with wise, insightful answers to the most vexing questions about meeting design.