This new edition is revised throughout and includes new and expanded information on natural resource damage assessment, the latest emerging contaminants and issues, and adds new international coverage, including case studies and rules and regulations. The text details key environmental contaminants, explores their fates in the biosphere, and discusses bioaccumulation and the effects of contaminants at increasing levels of ecological organization. Vignettes written by experts illustrate key themes or highlight especially pertinent examples. This edition offers an instructors' solution manual, PowerPoint slides, and supplemental images.
- Adds all new discussions of natural resource damage assessment concepts and approaches
- Includes new vignettes written by leading guest authors
- Draws on materials from 2,500 cited sources, including 400+ new to this edition
- Adds numerous new entries to a useful glossary of 800+ terms
- Includes a new appendix discussing Brazilian environmental laws and regulations added to existing appendices outlining U.S., E.U., Chinese, Australian, and Indian environmental laws
Fundamentals of Ecotoxicology: The Science of Pollution, Fifth Edition contains a broad overview of ecotoxicology and provides a basic understanding of the field. Designed as a textbook for use in introductory graduate or upper-level undergraduate courses in ecotoxicology, applied ecology, environmental pollution, and environmental science, it can also be used as a general reference for practicing environmental toxicologists.