Keenly anticipated each year by winemakers, collectors and wine lovers, the Wine Companion is recognised nationally as the industry benchmark. The 2016 edition has been completely revised to bring you up-to-the-minute information.
In his inimitable style, James Halliday
shares his extensive knowledge of wine through detailed tasting notes, each with vintage-specific ratings and advice on optimal drinking as well as each wine's closure, alcohol content and price. He provides information about wineries and winemakers, including vineyard sizes, opening times and contact details.
The Wine Companion is an indispensable reference from the country's leading wine authority and a must-have guide for anyone visiting a winegrowing region, or wanting to replenish their cellar or wine rack.FEATURING
- Full tasting notes for 3,859 wines
- Ratings, drink-to dates and prices for a further 2,629 wines
- 92 new wineries
- 1,317 winery profiles
- A list of the five-star wineries of each region
- Vintage rating charts for each region
- Regional index showing availability of food, accommodation, music events and cellar-door sales
- A full-colour map of the wine regions of Australia