Penang is a unique island in the Straits of Malacca. It was the first British colony in Malaysia. For years, it served as an important trading port for the British Empire, attracting an influx of immigrants from China, India and Indonesia, thus creating a unique community of diverse cultures. Today, Penang is a thriving and lively city with state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities, while carefully preserving its colonial heritage. The capital, George Town, was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in July 2008 in recognition of its unique architectural and cultural townscape.
This book provides a comprehensive guide for visitors to Penang regardless of budget. Full of in-depth and up-to-date information on local customs, sightseeing attractions, accommodation options and transportation tips, it guides you straight to the very best Penang has to offer.
This ebook edition is created and designed specially for Kobo. It provides:
- essential information on all the popular attractions, such as opening hours, ticket prices, phone numbers, etc., to help you plan your itinerary
- transportation tips showing you the most convenient way to get to your destination
- offline colour maps with popular attractions clearly marked, so you don't lost your way
- information and reviews of accommodation choices for all budgets, so you can make an informed decision on your hotel bookings
- expert advice from locals so you don't miss the hidden gems
This book is an indispensable guide and perfect companion for visitors from around the globe. Get this book now and have a wonderful trip to Penang!