This in-depth guide reveals the art of mobile forensics investigation with comprehensive coverage of the entire mobile forensics investigation lifecycle, from evidence collection through advanced data analysis to reporting and presenting findings.
Mobile Forensics Investigation: A Guide to Evidence Collection, Analysis, and Presentation leads examiners through the mobile forensics investigation process, from isolation and seizure of devices, to evidence extraction and analysis, and finally through the process of documenting and presenting findings. This book gives you not only the knowledge of how to use mobile forensics tools but also the understanding of how and what these tools are doing, enabling you to present your findings and your processes in a court of law. This holistic approach to mobile forensics, featuring the technical alongside the legal aspects of the investigation process, sets this book apart from the competition. This timely guide is a much-needed resource in today's mobile computing landscape.
- Notes offer personal insights from the author's years in law enforcement
- Tips highlight useful mobile forensics software applications, including open source applications that anyone can use free of charge
- Case studies document actual cases taken from submissions to the author's podcast series
- Photographs demonstrate proper legal protocols, including seizure and storage of devices, and screenshots showcase mobile forensics software at work
- Provides you with a holistic understanding of mobile forensics