The book aims to provide the reader with an updated general presentation of multiscale/multiresolution approaches in turbulent flow simulations. All modern approaches (LES, hybrid RANS/LES, DES, SAS) are discussed and recast in a global comprehensive framework. Both theoretical features and practical implementation details are addressed. Some full scale applications are described, to provide the reader with relevant guidelines to facilitate a future use of these methods.
- A Brief Introduction to Turbulence
- Turbulence Simulation and Scale Separation
- Statistical Multiscale Modeling
- Multiscale Subgrid Models: Self-Adaptivity
- Structural Multiscale Subgrid Models: Small Scales Estimation
- Unsteady Turbulence Simulation on Self-Adaptive Grids
- Global Hybrid RANS/LES Methods
- Zonal RANS/LES Methods
- Feedback from Numerical Experiments
Readership: Graduate students and researchers in fluid mechanics and aerospace engineering.
- The book contains a unique treatment of multiscale LES and RANS methods. But the most important point is certainly its unique presentation of all hybrid RANS/LES methods