* Please note the DVD is only included with print book purchase. A practical massage textbook for Diploma of Massage students and established practitioners of remedial massage. Drawing�on cutting-edge research and the authors' lengthy experience in massage education, Textbook of Remedial Massage covers essential topics, from history-taking to contraindication.� The content is structured into three sections:�
- Client Assessment - addresses practitioner assessment of remedial massage clients, including information on how to adapt massage techniques for clients' individual needs.
- Massage techniques - provides readers with clear instructions�for common remedial massage techniques, such as trigger points, CRAC stretching and myofascial release. Each of these techniques is explained through illustrations and photographs, along with a detailed rationale on physiological principles and evidence-base. It also explains contraindications and precautions for each massage technique.
- Body regions - The application of remedial massage techniques to specific body regions.
- Detailed assessment technique
- Evidence-based approach
- Anatomy described in functional terms
Bonus Feature with print purchase only The print textbook includes an accompanying DVD with videos of content covered in book. The DVD content is divided up into assessment and treatment techniques.