This award-winning guide, now in its eighth edition, proves to be an informative, amusing and sensitive account of a truly enchanting destination. It covers every aspect of this captivating country, from the unique fauna and flora inhabiting eastern rain forests, to the pristine beaches bordering the west. Come face to face with Madagascan wildlife at one of its many nature reserves, including the island's world-famous chameleons, lemurs, sifakas, turtles, and snakes. Water enthusiasts should look out for humpbacked whales in the summer or dive the diverse coral reefs. In recent years Madagascar has become increasingly accessible, attracting new and accustomed visitors to the country, who will value this hugely authoritative travel companion.
This guide features:
* Travel itineraries for all budgets and interests
* Superb coverage of natural history, national parks and wildlife reserves
* Fully revised information on hotels, restaurants and transport
* Malagasy culture, ethnic groups, and daily life
* Numerous contributions from experts