This thorough treatment of collection development will serve school library educators and students as well as practicing school librarians, providing quick access to information that is both immediately useful and helpful as unforeseen situations arise.
• Provides a complete guide to collection management for students as well as practitioners
• Addresses current educational initiatives and new standards
• Introduces key principles of curation such as acquisition, description, organization, promotion, evaluation, and maintenance
• Supplies an overview of school funding models and their effects on school library resourcing as well as a discussion on grant writing and federal sources of assistance
• Outlines creative strategies for working in a climate of change and uncertainty