Dr. James Canton, a renowned futurist, CEO of the Institute for Global Futures, and Fortune 1000 advisor, charts a course to steer you through the volatile changes that lie 5, 10, and 20 years ahead. The Extreme Future is this generation's Future Shock, Alvin Toffler's classic book on what's next and how to prepare for tomorrow.
Get ready for fast, radical and complex change. Get ready for the Extreme Future. Our world is constantly buffeted by new and dramatic changes that we can't fully grasp. No one is fully prepared for the challenges, crises and risks that lie ahead. The Extreme Future is a blueprint for what's next and how to navigate these changes.
An advisor to three White House's spanning more than 30 years, Dr. Canton challenges us that with the right information about future trends it is possible to identify probable outcomes. It is possible, with the right information to navigate the Extreme Future.
The book covers the following major trends:
- How climate change and energy trends will reshape the planet
- How shifting population trends will transform the workforce
- How radical innovation trends will competitively drive business
- How astounding medicine trends will enhance people's life
- How dangerous terrorism trends will threaten the individual.
- How the rise of China will bring on a new global power struggle
The answers to these questions are not only available, but contained within these pages. The Extreme Future is the forecasting handbook for the twenty-first century.