This book demonstrates how government information can be used to engage students through inquiry and project-based activities, thereby providing opportunities for creative investigation and discovery.
• Supplies curated lists of free theme-based government sources
• Provides examples of strategies and lesson plans recommended for using government documents, artifacts, images, and data
• Includes highlighted lesson plans for use in secondary school curriculum as created by agency educators
• Suggests unique and thought-provoking primary sources and activities that can be used to motivate, captivate, and inspire student engagement
• Discusses the inquiry, research, and question-building processes as well as tips for web searching for government information using Google or other browsers