Managing your boss just got easier
Having a good working relationship with the person in charge is crucial to enjoying a positive and fulfilling work life. All of the problems created by difficult relationships can be avoided, in many cases, by simply learning the skills to successfully 'manage' your boss. Most of us think that it is the other way around - that the boss manages us - but the astute employee knows that it works both ways.
If you understand how your boss operates, the inner working of their brain and their personality, you are far better able to meet their needs as an employee. And an employee who meets the needs and expectations of their boss will be a popular employee indeed!
This book guides you through the process of managing your boss so as to ensure that you are ideally placed to become their favourite employee. Whether you choose to read it in a week or in a single sitting, this is your fastest route to success:
- Sunday: What kind of animal is the 'boss'?
- Monday: What type of boss do you have?
- Tuesday: Using the psychological contract to manage your boss
- Wednesday: How to impress your boss
- Thursday: Getting more from your boss
- Friday: Dealing with the boss from hell
- Saturday: Common problems with managing the boss